Sunday, April 5, 2009

Conference Time!!!

Brennick and Hudson making their prophet books.

This conference I thought that my boys needed to try and listen to conference (try is the key word). So I had them color and make prophet books, it kept them entertained for a little while and then they were back to being boys.. As I sat and watched them color I couldn't help but try and convince Hudson to color them the way I thought he should ( I guess that is my OCD coming out in me). I tryed to explain to him that people don't have blue and purple faces, he just looked at me with a blank stare. I asked him what color is your face? and he replied GREEN so there you have it in his eyes we all have colored faces. I have to remember that they are only kids and that they like to do it their own way.....

It was a good conference!!! As I listened to conference and they talked about living within your means and not having to have it all, it really hit home and made me realize how important it is to not get into debit. As I was reading my sister in laws blog this quot really made me realize why we are here and what should be important in our lives and I thought I would share it:

I don’t want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk’s lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor’s children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone’s garden. I want to be there with children’s sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.”
-Sister Marjorie P. Hinckley

It was also clear to me that teaching our children about the gospel and having family home evening and just being a good example to them and others is a very important key. It is a very trying time and the economy is not so great and I am just so grateful for all that I have and for the prophet and all his great wisdom.....

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote, and I needed to read that today, sometimes I get so caught up trying to do it all and forget what is really essential. So as I sit here still in my sweats, combing girls hair after baths and looking at the craziness of my home, I will leave the mess and have FHE with my kids. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time i come down i want to see that book of prophets!

    ReplyDelete