Monday, May 4, 2009

Stake Conference...
This weekend was our stake conference, it is sad to say that it is the first time we have taken our kids and now I think I know why!!! I was really glad that we went, Matt and I went to the adult session it was nice to sit and really be able to listen to the speakers. It has made me really think about life and I am really doing everything in my power to be spiritual ready... Going to the temple regularly and doing service every chance we can get were some of the big topics, which are areas I need to work on. In my life when I feel so alone I need to remember that I am not alone that I need to look to God for direction and to listen to the still small voice and make sure I am acting on the still small voice. When times get really tough we need to go to the temple because there is where we can feel so close to God... In this economy it is easy to get discouraged about everything and have a bad attitude, but if we just try to keep in mind who is charge it kind of puts everything in to perspective.. If we are doing what we should and are getting spiritual ready than we have nothing to worry about, I better get going on that... President Adams said something that has stuck in my mind and something that I would like to strive to improve on that we want the celestial things and not the telestial things, it is really hard to remember when we get so caught up in the material things of life! Being a better person and striving not to talk about others is something else that I would love to improve on, as President Adams said who are we to judge just because they don't dress like we think that they should or that they look alittle tattered doesn't mean that they are any different than us. To say the least it was a great stake conference and I am so glad that we went even if it was alittle difficult with the kids, but it was all worth it!!! I have so much to be grateful for, I have a wonderful husband and 3 beautiful and healthy children and a beautiful daughter that awaits our return in heaven. I love the gospel and I need to strive to live it to the fullest each and everyday!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experience of Stake COnf... I seriously need to be better... you are a great example to me!

    ReplyDelete